An independent self advocacy group run by people with learning disabilities, for people with learning disabilities.
Our training team are a very experienced group of people who deliver high quality training.
How can you help us?
By offering support and encouragement.
Welcome York People First 2000
Informing people, influencing people and educating.
Supporting each other through problems.
York People First is an independent self advocacy group whose aim is…
- To help people with a learning disability to speak up
- Teach the community about the rights, the abilities and the strengths of people with a learning disability
- To provide training to students, staff and members of the community who work with people who have learning disabilities
- To represent people with learning disabilities in York and the surrounding area at local, regional, national and government level
- To build peoples confidence and create future leaders